 Castle / 5232
Re: The World of Tanabry!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:16:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bryan Wong writes:
In lugnet.castle, Karl Martinson writes:
In lugnet.castle, Brad Hamilton writes:
The link didn't work for me.  Can you recheck it?
http://www.geocities.com/lt8448/castle/castle.html

Oops!  <embarassed> Here's the CORRECT link:

http://www.geocities.com/lt8448/lego/castle/castle.html

(How many of us annoy people with incorrect links?!)

Bryan

Wow! I take a couple days off from reading .castle and I miss several great
models. (memo to self...pay attention to my favorite theme)

Bryan,

I love the hollowed out Mountain idea...reminds me of Tolkien's dwarves and
the Mines of Moria.  I really love your spacious interiors and the
accessability of your design...I have made many compromises in my recent
projects to make it easier for photography and access.  I don't know what
your original visio/plan for your design was, but it doesn't appear that you
really had to "sandwich, shoehorn or cajole" anything.

Your creation is quite impressive!  Ever since I saw Pawel's fantastic
integration of tons of BURPS in a Castle foundation...I have modified my own
designs to take advantage of the facade that BURPS can add to...I have
wanted to take a crack at a mountain (such as KK Quah did on his Ninja
fortress page) or at least a cave. Bryan, I like the "natural" feel of your
mountain.

The lake, waterfall, mountain combination is well integrated; kinda like a
dead Volcano whose bowl has been fueled by under groud springs. I am
continually impressed by the waterfall creations lately. Your design has a
nice csacade effect using the plates...I have to try this approach some
time...I think you coul add a cool foam effect by adding a few 1x1 or 1x2
white plates into the flow and at the base of the falls.

I like your use of interior space.  It's not cramped or crowded and includes
alot of the general aspects of life and fantasy...a mystical chamber, seret
entrance, but also, a kitchen, meeting/dining area, and a kitchen.

I must also make a green wizard now that I have a green witch/wizard hat.

It's interesting to see the variety of peaceful/general castle MOCs
recently...I tend to focus on the "life during wartime" aspects, often
putting more time into defenses, weapons,and battles than the everyday
minifig Castle life...

I liked your update and look forward to any new developments = )

                     John