 Castle / 4637
Re: Preview of My Castleworld Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 06:50:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pearson Castner writes:
Now tell us what tool you used for the torso =)

I made several Blacktron I imposters (about 20)with spare elements from other
minis, and by brassoing off the print of old, faded, or misprinted black mini
torsos and replacing the erased print with a sticker I made from a scanned
Blacktron I mini torso.  I printed the traditional Blacktron I pattern out
with an inkjet printer onto floppy diskette labels by Avery (they have an
adhesive backing).  After scanning a real Blacktron I mini and an imposter
mini side by side, I sent the resulting and unretouched image out to several
people -- some of whom thought the imposter was the original and real thing.
This confusion on the part of others fueled my particular madness.

Lady Blacktron was made the same way except that I played with the torso
design for about an hour one morning to blend elements of the traditional
castle maiden torso with elements of the Blacktron I torso design. There are
two version of the Lady Blacktron torso, one with greyed contour space on
either side of the torso and one with only a thin grey line indicating the
torso's contour and then more black filling the space beyond that.

Cheap process except for the time brassoing the torsos, scanning, manipulating
the images, and printing.  Now if I could figure out how to print pure yellow
ink from my horrible Lexmark 3200.  But I guess I can't complain about a $60
color printer...still, there must be a way to make it print its basic cmyk
colors without a dithering pattern.

The software I am using is Photoshop 5 and MS Publisher (an older version).  I
don't know why, but Publisher prints really nicely whereas Photoshop doesn't
do nearly as well.  I have no idea why this should be so, and I have tried all
manner of different print settings.

Wait until y'all see blacktron shields and capes...of course, there is the
small matter of documenting the great war amongst the generals before we get
to that part.

-- Richard