 Castle / 4112
Re: My website is operational
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 01:39:09 GMT

Waaaaah! What cool armor on Jimmy Seifer! What set is it from?

I just got into legos at age 29 (never could afford them as a kid), so I
haven't seen many of the old sets except on LugNet. Haven't seen that armor
type, though. Very cool!

Love the Lone Falcon!

Keep up the great work, Wilson.

Matt
(Doran in CW)
http://www.geocities.com/duckbilled.geo/CW.html

In lugnet.castle, Tony A. Rowe writes:
In lugnet.castle, Wilson Raska writes:
I'd just like to let everyone know that my website is finally up and working.
I'd really like all of you to check it out and tell me what you think.  This
is the address:
http://www.sofast.net/~raska

There isn't much to say that everyone else hasn't already, great work!  All of
your characters were well designed and creative, especially the elementals.
Leviathan (and I don't mean whale, Shiri =] ) is great!  I've been trying to
come up with a good figure for a water elemental and you hit the nail on the
head.  Also, we use the same UFO trans-orange head for fire elementals (great
minds must think alike!).

Also importantly, your photography of the figs was quite good.  There was
plenty of light and not too many shadows to hide the figure's features.  Also,
your shots are taken from a "minifig eye-level."  I have found that this works
very well to make the figures appear larger and more like characters rather
than tiny plastic toys.  Also, your depth-of-field was such that the • background
was nicely blurred (like in Vincent Gage's photo).  This creates a false sense
of distance, and is a cool effect.

All these great new websites are inspiring me to go out and build some more!

Tony