 Castle / 4096
Re: My forestmen loss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:10:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Sproaticus wrote:

Frank Filz wrote:
My solution is to SOAK the bricks.  [snip soap / pine-sol / soap cycle]

Whoa.  I will now do this.  Thanks.

For smokey LEGO, you only need to do Pine-Sol soak and then a soap
washing, no need to do a soap cycle before the Pine-Sol (though I
suppose if the pieces are extremely grungy it might be worth it). I also
sometimes do an extra soap soak before or after the long one (I've
actually taken to always doing a quick soap wash after the long soak,
the long soak does a good job of softening stuff, but it helps to wash
everything in a fresh wash solution afterwards.

I have yet to find any substances other than pain which won't come off,
though some times parts have gone back into the wash after drying (and
discovering some crud still stuck around the studs). If you have access
to a sonic washer, that would be interesting to try for the very
stubborn crud.

What's unfortuanate is that there is a good LEGO seller on eBay who
often sells new parts, who smokes like a chimney (or at least someone in
the household does). I usually have to run the packaging immediately out
of the house the reek is so bad.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com