 Castle / 3787

Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:41:18 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Chris Maddison writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
I've been thinking a bit about those Wolfpack and Forestmen (1).

There's much more I can say about this, but another thing I came up with in
the process of thinking about them:
The WP seem forest-like to me. IMHO, brown is a great forest color and fits
the forest life. The "forestmen" OTOH seem to fit a more lush, green valley
life.
In my realm, the WP will not be theives as many people view them. The
forestmen might be, tho'. The WP will DEFINITELY have a leader in my world • and
they might (or might not) be allied with the FM.

(1) I say Forestmen but the referrence is to both Dark Forest AND Forestmen.

Right on, Shiri!  I'd have to agree with just about everything.  The one thing
that's different in my world is that the WP and Forestmen Coexist, each being
thieves.  The Forestmen have kind of a Robin Hood-esque(?) appeal to them; the
whole steal from the rich and give to the poor thing.  The WP, OTOH, are just
a bunch of guys who want more cash to finance their needs (beer, ale, other
various intoxicants, as well as weapons.)
Sounds cool when can we here more?

That sounds pretty cool how you compare those two factions, but what about the
bulls? In my "lego world"  I used The Bulls and The Wolfpack together as a
Mercenary Guild who sell their services to the highest bidder. For the Leader
of the WP/Bulls is a druid named Harlan (Brown Cowl,Brown cape, WP torso,
Iceplanet 2002 old guy face and Homemade Staff)I'd like to describe their
Alignment as Chaotic Neutral with a streak of evil. They are idolized as
heroes by some and spit on like criminals by others.  I also use the Forestmen
but I use them as elves instead (although there is a satyr in their ranks)well
those are just my thoughts
-Cj

Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts
That sounds pretty cool how you compare those two factions, but what about the
bulls? In my "lego world"  I used The Bulls and The Wolfpack together as a
Mercenary Guild who sell their services to the highest bidder. For the Leader
of the WP/Bulls is a druid named Harlan (Brown Cowl,Brown cape, WP torso,
Iceplanet 2002 old guy face and Homemade Staff)I'd like to describe their
Alignment as Chaotic Neutral with a streak of evil. They are idolized as
heroes by some and spit on like criminals by others.  I also use the Forestmen
but I use them as elves instead (although there is a satyr in their ranks)well
those are just my thoughts
-Cj

Ah, foo.  I forgot about the Bulls.  In my world, they are the "real" bad
guys.  None of the other factions like them or deal with them.  They're just
a "keep to themselves except when the want more land or moolah" type of
minifigs.  Also, like the ideas about the elves.  I might have to check into
that...What do you use for legs?
-Chris

Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts
In lugnet.castle, Chris Maddison writes:
Ah, foo.  I forgot about the Bulls.  In my world, they are the "real" bad
guys.  None of the other factions like them or deal with them.  They're just
a "keep to themselves except when the want more land or moolah" type of

Shouldn't that be Moo-lah? =]

Just milking another bad joke from the udder-ly silly Bull faction.  Now I'll
be hoofin' it out of here.

Tony

Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts