 Castle / 2219
Re: Army size (Castle World)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 23:01:44 GMT

Hi all,

Just wondering what people had in mind for army sizes in CastleWorld... Were
people generally going to stick with what their "actual" army size is, or were
people planning on having "virtual" armies?

curious... being mercenaries and all, it affects my planning ;)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

Here is what I had in mind:

1)  In your realm, inside your fortress, castle, or other military place, your
army is as reasonably big (key word) as you want it to be.  Be logical.  In an
e-mail exhange with Dan Siskind, he informed me that his Bloodstone Castle has
an army of 700 Dragon Masters strong.  This is an awesome force, so I suppose we
could multiply each soldier X 5 to get your Relm Force - 3,500 at the castle.
The multipier is up for debate if necessary.

2)  If he were to go out and explore with his troops, he can take his actual
force (700) into another realm.  The other 4/5 are assumed to be "at home" at
all times.

This would preserve the balance and keep everyone happy in my opinion.

The other option is to simply declare your army.  "Prince Ian has 35,000
footsoldiers" or something to that effect.  But my reasoning is that if you have
plenty of soldiers, chances are that your castles will be big too.  Dan's Castle
can easily support an army of 3,500.  If someone with a small castle were to
declare an army of the same size it wouldn't make much sense.  So I guess I am
trying to keep things logical, no?  Big structures - big numbers.

For reference:

Bloodstone Castle:

http://www.visi.com/~blackened/gallery_castle.html - Cool Lego Site of the
Week;)

Let me know if this would work and we'll work out the details ...

-- pn