 Castle / 2187
Re: Black Weapons? Where?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:32:16 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bryan Wong writes:
Hi,

Could somebody give me examples of sets that contained black weapons?
Currently, I have ONE black spear (tons of brown ones), ONE black lance (lots
of brown & gray ones), and ONE black quiver without a bow to match (quite a
few brown ones).  I'm looking to increase my count of black weapons...

The Native American Western sets had massive quantities of Black Spears, Bows
(and quivers), and Hand Axes/Hatchets.  The only Black Sword appeared in 6041
Armor Shop.  Black Battle Axes and Lances have been in numerous Castle sets
over the years.  Black Axes were mostly in Classic castle (Black Falcons,
etc.), but have recently reappeared in 6091.

IMHO these are some of the best kept secrets for good parts around.  I have
been picking up 6766's on Clearance at my local TRU now for months.

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=Rapid+River

Yes the figs suck although the female head is good and the male heads are OK
barbarians plus you end up with a lot of canoes and Tee Pee's but the rest is
very good.  Along with a plethora of black weapons as stated above some of the
highlights in my oppinion are as follows.

2 16x32 Tan Base Plates
8 1x1 Gray Technic Beams - I love these
8? 1x5? angle bricks (these are the ones that are a 45 degree angle on one
        side and stepped on the other).
Lots of Gray Bricks
Lots of 1x1 and 1x2 Brown Bricks
1x2 and 1x4 Brown Log Bricks
8? 2x2 Round Brown Bricks
4 Prickly Bushes
Lots of the Green Leafy pieces.
4 2x2 Gray Tiles
1 1x4 Gray Tile
Lots of Slopes in lots of colors.
3 2x16 Black Plates

Plus if you like to make Burp Bases for some of you Castles this is the set to
get it is loaded with burps of both kinds in Gray.

There are lots of other generic bricks and plates in there as well.

Hey if you can live with a bunch of nearly useless figs and Horses this is a
great set for parts.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/