 Castle / 21104
Re: Drachenschlaf: Castle of the Sleeping Dragon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:24:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Lopes wrote:

   Did you consider mixing new grey and old grey together for the castle walls? (if not on this project, on others?) I build town related things and have mixed the new and old light greys together on a few buildings and retaining walls (I also did this with the two shades of brown) and I think it adds a very realistic touch.

Great work & congrats on the awards as well as creating a magnificent show piece.

Thanks for your comments, all!

I have experimented with using old and new light grey together, and I have to say I just don’t like it (yet). I think I’ll need to play a bit more with it. I did (by necessity) have to use some faded grey bricks, and that sorta came out all right, so perhaps I’ll have another try at mixing old and new. The dark greys are a little easier to use together, I find, but the lights are just too close, and yet too weird together. Dunno.

Robin