 Castle / 20748
Re: Château de Vignette
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:31:18 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Brendan Powell Smith wrote:
   Nelson,

I really enjoyed these. I was particularly impressed by the construction of the cross in this photo. Is that an original design idea? Kudos.

Also love the phantom’s “floating in air” effect by planting the stud on his head into the ceiling.

-Brendan

Thanks! Yeah, I came up with that cross design a few months ago as part of a yet-unfinished Adventurers MOC. But, when I was working on these vigs, I decided to put it in - it was too good to be just lying around.

The floating ghost idea came after I inverted the knight above it. In that vig, I wanted to place objects/figs at different heights. I was going to use a headlight brick to attach the ghost to the wall, like it was leaping, but that would have left a hole on the outside of the castle. So, I just elevated it and... ta-da!

Nelson