 Castle / 20509
Re: Theatre Castillo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:58:15 GMT

Nice work. It's a good rendition of what is a very difficult subject to
render in minifig scale

I look forward to seeing what improvements you can squeeze in for v3

--
James Stacey
------
"Leonard Hoffman" <lahoffma@mailer.fsu.edu> wrote in message
At BrickFest I showed off a Globe-style theatre I made after visiting • London -
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=767504 here> and
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=767505here>.

However, I packed it totally wrong for the trip back, and it arrived in • pieces.
This is my wife's favorite thing that I've ever made, so obviously she • wanted me
to fix it.  But I decided to do a re-design instead - trying a new method • of
getting the pieces to make a circle (really an octagon).

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=104648

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/glencaer/ClassicCastleCity/TheatreCastill
o/tc0000.jpg>>

The older theatre is a bit more impressive looking, but the new one solves • a
number of icky problems the old one had, plus is quite a bit larger and • uses
less pieces.  I will probably end up building a third one utilizing good
qualities of both, but until then...

Enjoy¬
-Lenny