 Castle / 18866
Re: banner year for castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 02:45:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey wrote:
lets see then, minifig versions of the big KK figures will mean the
'european' armour in green, purple, pale blue and red.
new shaped visors, existing weapons in new colours, tan classic sword,
orange broad sword, and new sword designs
new  shaped shields, new horse barding prints
new helms
oh and brown burps, which are nice.

pity the set designs follow in the knights kingdom tradition of being a bit
weak
banner year for parts maybe, not for good set desgin

After seeing the pictures I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised.
These seem pretty nice to me, lots of nice new additions to the minifig
accessories and great amounts of the new colors, not looking over done.
The only set that is a bit strange is the Joust set, with wheeled horses, but I
can forgive it for what looks like a great parts set.

The set designs may not be great, but for me all LEGO is basically parts at this
point.  I'm guessing that the design of these sets is based on the tenant that
they are going to be action toys to kids and will have a good quick build time
with lots of play features.  Any kids into these will likely have one of the
following:

1.  Not many LEGO toys,
2.  Lots of LEGO like HP sets,
3.  Lots of MEGA BLOCKS Dragons (considering they are always sold out here,
that's likely the focal market),
4.  Or parent who want to see a little fantasy action on the coffee table.

Overall these look to be in line with LEGO plans for the future and are not a
bad offering.  There is a lot of custom material to be had here and a nice
addition of colors and parts.

Color me accepting and eager to begin!

-Aaron-