 Castle / 18690
Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:29:50 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin wrote:

Well...I thought about it, but decided that BUB would have eaten her, not >saved her. So, no maiden. :)

My 3 arguments why BUB would NOT eat the maiden:

a. What's in it for that Brave Knight Guy then? No sane canned person would risk
such an ambitious fight for the soul purpose of honour (And any insane one would
loose the fight)

b. In general, Big Beasts tend to be quite enchanted by Fair Maidens, take
Dragons and King Kong for instance. Even aliens keep the Maidens the've captured
(for interesting experiments).

c. Real Fair Maidens are able to wind just ANYthing round their little finger,
and he likes to lick the salt of her skin.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

[FUT off-topic.fun]

Okay, okay.  You have convinced me! :)  There should have been a fair maiden. I
was thinking the brave/stupid/insane knight was fighting BUB for the sake of the
kingdom and honor and glory.  Alright, here are two after-the-fact edited
storylines.
1. If the brave/stupid/insane knight can defeat Bub, then he wins half the
kingdom and hand of the King's lovely daughter that the knight hasn't seen yet.

2. The knight is trying to rescue his love from nasty Bub.  Bub, being at least
part snake, swallowed his prey whole.  After Bub is vanquished, the brave/stupid
knight can remove the fair maid, now slimey, from the confines of Bub's corpse.
Does that work?

Josh