 Castle / 18524
Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 07:12:36 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
   But really - if *anybody* thinks that Bionicle is to blame if no “true” castle sets come out in 2004 then you will just be passing the blame. The fault will be Lego’s, not Bionicle’s. So place the blame where it should be - with the Lego company, not in the Bionicle theme.

I see little difference there...a toy I don’t want to buy is still a toy I don’t want to buy. That line of product places Lego in the same category as hundreds of other manufacturers, at least for me.

The problem with Bioknuckles is the break with traditional building standards.

When you deviate from traditional building standards (hmm, SNOT?), it enables for many more possibilities. For an example of Bionicle models, look no further than Bryce McGlone’s mechs:

There are many others, his models just stick out in my mind.

   It’s precisely that break with tradition that makes it okay to “replace” colors on us. Now you go cry to TLC about it...

I don’t think they’re related at all. Loosening of plastics quality standards is separate from expanding ways of thinking about building.

-Tim