 Castle / 18249
18248  |  18250
Subject:
New Tolkien chapters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:13:48 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

I know it's been a long time, but here are the next four chapters I've built for
my Lord of the Rings project:

http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/lotr/lotrstory/book3/chapter311/lotrstory311-01.html

http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/lotr/lotrstory/book4/chapter401/lotrstory401-01.html

http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/lotr/lotrstory/book5/chapter502/lotrstory502-01.html

http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/lotr/lotrstory/book5/chapter503/lotrstory503-01.html

"The Passing of the Grey Company" is by far the most complex I've done so far,
with several different settings and a lot of photoshop work on the pictures with
the armies of the dead.  Each of those was a compilation of about 20 different
photos photoshopped together.  Perhaps this is cheating, but I think it looked
better than going with a big pile of ghosts and skeletons to make the dead.

"The Taming of Smeagol" was by far the fastest chapter to come together.  I
already had the text written (actually, I've got the text written for a bunch of
chapters I have yet to build the scenes for) and on Tuesday night I built most
of the cliff.  Then last night I finished the cliff, filled in the details, and
did all the photography.  I knew I was going to post these other three chapters,
so I figured I'd hurry and get a fourth one up at the same time.

Anyway, PLMKWYT.

Bruce