 Castle / 18071
Re: New Pictures of my 375 Castle !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:39:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey wrote:
   http://www.minifig.co.uk/stickers/ btw.. right or wrong, I got a set of his stickers and they are very well done. A lot better than the ones that come off a inkjet nomatter what the dpi

Very cool. More than cool. Terrific!

Are you, in fact, the eBay seller -- or perhaps a close contact of the seller?

I ask for two reasons:
1) You obviously put at least some work into creating those vector-based stickers sheets in Illustrator/Freehand/applicationX -- and that’s really sweet.
2) If these are the actual sticker sheets in question, or very close to what they are like (I can already see that the pattern is at least a little different in terms of the full sheet layout), it gives everyone the ability to distinguish between the appearance of your stickers and the original ones by having the visual references available. This was the concern of another poster, the ability to fake the original stickers.

One thing I don’t understand is the difference between the 375 and the 6075 stickers -- the black vs. grey thing. Weird. Is that a difference of which buyers of the original minifigures must be wary?

BTW, color laser prints at Kinko’s would run someone approx. a mere $1.95 USD (http://www.w36.com/inactive/kinkos/arlingtonheights/price.htm). With a few Avery label sheets in hand I bet the average person needing these stickers could be made happy. In the states, two full sticker sheets would fit on the average sheet of 8.5” x 11” adhesive label stock. You could always give the stickers a coat of finishing spray both for protection and gloss -- it’s available in various finishes from craft supply stores. The adhesive labelling stock itself comes in various forms too: clear, gloss, matt, precut for various purposes, etc. With the clear stock you can make face patterns, for example. If you can gain access to a printer that prints white or metallic colors then you can do all kinds of weird things.

And then one would always have that special glow from having put something together for oneself with the kind help of the fellow enthusiast that made the sticker sheets available online in the first place.

Many thanks, James!

-- Hop-Frog