 Castle / 18063
Re: New Pictures of my 375 Castle !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:29:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Thomas Main wrote:
   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3145695040

Gee, that seems quite wrong -- selling TLC copyrighted stuff for profit? I can see the guy making back his costs in materials or something, but I bet at approx. $10 a sheet he’s doing more than that. I’d feel differently if he were selling his own designs. If these are TLC’s stickers he’s knocked off -- that’s pretty much like selling CD’s of the brickshelf scans database.

What he should have done instead is make a PDF print out available for free to other adult bricks enthusiasts -- thereby giving back to the community. Those are not his designs from which to profit.

There’s a big difference between sharing something with other hobbyists for the joy of the hobby and pirating/profiting from the property of another. Actually making money from TLC’s property is pretty much the limit.

BTW, y’all may recall that before tudor walls came back into production I made some “poor man” PDF stickers available myself of the tudor style wall elements -- while paying homage to the original TLC design, the stickers were actually something that had never existed before and thereby didn’t truly infringe on TLC’s copyrighted designs. Also, I drew them from scratch myself (of course, there being no original I could merely copy) and provided access to the stickers for free to other hobbyists. I feel I can opine on this sticker issue from a high moral position.

Finally, I have good quality scans of these #375/6075 stickers if anyone wants them. Free. I can’t vouch for the accuracy of the colors in the scan -- I didn’t scan the sheet myself, and it’s darkened a bit with age. See (warning - BIG file): http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/misc/6075.jpg

Suggestions on how to correct the colors would be great. If someone could download the image, correct it, and then send the image back to me with details of what was done to correct the colors, I could re-upload the corrected version and fill in the blank shield areas as well. Alternatively, if someone could send me a hi-res scan with more accurate colors we wouldn’t have to bother correcting the scan I just uploaded. In the main, I think the black may be nearer to grey than to black; the burgundy more magenta. We could try for a close to 100% accurate, full-sized document of the original sticker sheet -- free for castle-heads.

Let’s not forget that TLC may yet be re-releasing the yellow castle set themselves. What this person is doing on eBay -- for profit -- is bad juju.

-- Hop-Frog