 Castle / 17039
Re: Blue Dragon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 18:31:09 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Joe Comeau wrote:
   I can’t seem to stop building dragons for some reason. Anyway, here’s my latest, a blue dragon. He is by far the most articulate dragon so far: * head moves up & down * mouth opens & closes * shoulders move up & down, left & right * arms bend at the elbows * forearms can “twist” to the sides * hips allow the legs to move back & forth * feet bend at the ankles * tail is highly flexible * wings move up & down * wings fold
  1. Joe

Hey, no reason to not do so. Hmmm...now where would see a blue dragon? *ponders Black Knight shields* Ahha, of course!
Joe, my intial reaction was that this guy was too brickified and not nearly organic enough in shape. However, after looking through all of the pics I honestly think that this dragon is better than the green one. The amount of articulation is excellent. The sharp right angles that give it the “constructed” feel aren’t as strong after looking at through a series of pics, and, compared to the green dragon, I think this guy is actually more organic in form. I think that the spinal scales are fantastic!...that construction fits the design so well. Furthermore, the claws are quite clever and fitting. Where are the sand blue “claws” from?
I really think the poses available are great and that the crane pic is cool (good lighting all around too).
Also, the more stout mouth made me think whether a griffin, or other hybrid creature, would be relatively feasible??

Keep up the great work! Oh, and “RUN Falcon boy, RUN!”

-Andrew

GardenSLUG