 Castle / 16358
  The Black Sword

Hey All, I was just wandering around the house today and got to thinking about the famous black sword. I got one back when the armor shop was available and I recently got one in a bag of Legos I bought at a thrift store. This got me thinking about (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

I have two in nearly mint condition and one that has a bite mark on the hilt. I always have my eye open for more, but I am not sure if the set was ever sold in Canada. William (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

Hello! (...) Look it up in a Canadian catalogue from 1986 :-) Jojo, just 3 black swords, one slightly twisted at the haft, so no reason to be envious. (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

Hmm. Let me think about Ragnal Tyro, the Black Knight of Darknia... Black Horse: check. Black Falcon: check. Black (and blue) Barding: check. Black Legs, Waist, Torso, Arms, Gloves: check. Black Helmet, Visor, Plumes: check. Black Beard on Face: (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

I have a bunch of black clone weapons, hence my desire for the more exclusive TLC black sword has been almost zero for years. And I am a guy that REALLY likes the color black. But when I can't get something easily in quantity I don't waste my time (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

(...) Yes there is... and I even have one from set 3342 and check what the Wookie have in his hand((URL) to the 'Black Sword', have only one and it's still one of the LEGO bricks I'm so honored to have, let just say:"My Preciousss...sss". Anyway I (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

(...) I agree, just was curious who had the most. (...) I am wondering the same thing. Now that I have been thinking about it, I may have to make something. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

Hey Yaron, I knew that was your title, so I kind of assumed you had a bunch. Oh well, you will always be the original black sword, no matter how many you have. Well, so far, here is the list. Johannes "Jojo" Koehler - 3 swords William Lister - 3 (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

How about we make this the "Give your multiple black swords to charity. I'll be the first on the List! ;-) (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

Hey Hendo, Don't worry about not being in the black sword group. I don't have a black falcon and have always wanted one! (...) There is a black ninja armor vest, it comes with #3344 (...) I believe the shield with the snake in #4735 is black (I have (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  I have three

Dave (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

I've got one. My evil villian carries it. I've also got two pitchforks and the black hawk which I believe are also fairly rare. This makes me wonder: what are considered to be the rarest castle pieces? Steve (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

Josh, Too bad when they re-released the black axe they didn't do the same for the black sword. I would have purchased quite a few. I only have 2 black swords, but I have 6 pitchforks! -Aaron "Josh Wedin" <pushmi.pullyu@verizon.net> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

(...) Yes, I have a black sword, but only have one in my possession. Frankly, the part is great for novelty, but I really wouldn't see another need to get one. Why? I believe lego should diversify and make a few different and new weapons molds, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

(...) Evidently the fact that it's the only one makes it such a powerful sword For years it was like that until 1995 when LEGO started to produce the great silver swords, when I had only one then WOW, but know when every king on the realm and alot (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

(...) Hi Steve As far as I see it, since ~1990 (more or less), our LEGOMania got out of hands and even TLC only produced a singal LEGO piece of some sort, we bought at least a dozen. But before that I think that beside "The Black Sword", in my (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

One :) Kai (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

Hi Jeremy, About your suggestion...Well......mm...let's see...NO!!!!!!! My black swords! Mine! All mine! :) Oh, hey, I was going to post something to you and I forgot. Did you see the MM shops posted by Don Cox? There was a saddle shop in there that (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

I know I had two at one point, but one was lost during my dark ages. So I have one. Boo-yah! (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

(...) Interesting wish list. Although personally, I would be very concerned if my Crusaders suddenly started carrying M1 rifles... ;p -Hendo (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

As far as I see it, since ~1990 (more or less), our LEGOMania got out of (...) Well I'm still missing that one... (...) And missing this one too... (...) I do have this one though, and I've also got the black bird, and the blue dress piece from the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

Hello! (...) *urghs* I'm definitely a representative of the LEGO-Apartheid: "No clones! LEGO only!" (I wasn't that strict many years ago though, when I used paper to make clothes for my minifigs...) (...) That's true. (...) Not new, but maybe cool: (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

Hello! (...) Definitely rare and unique are the knights' torsos and shields in #383: (URL) the visors of this time periode are quite rare because many of them have probably become victims of the vacuum cleaner, or the kids have bitten in their plume (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

The black halberds are really cool. I have a hard time finding them on Bricklink, but have been able to buy several of the roborider sets off of ebay in order to get them. Josh (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

(...) Well, it's more of a wishlist for the eras portrayed in my writings...(hint, hint, story based around WWI.) But no, I'm not going to get anachronistic and throw a bunch of combat rifles to my crusaders...just yet :) (...) <<_Matt Hein_>> (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

I have 2 black swords and one black hilt which my younger brothers broke :( Ben (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

I just sold mine when I sold my 6041 out of my BrickLink shop. When I came out of my dark ages, I pulled a HUGE box of bricks out of my parents attic and lo and behold, A PRISTINE BLACK SWORD! I couldn't believe it. I found a 6041, and a few other (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

Hey All, Here is the list I have been keeping of the owners of Black Swords, if anyone is interested. List of owners of black swords from set# 6041 Armor Shop Richard Noeckel - 32 swords (we would still like to see pictures) :) Johannes "Jojo" (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

I don't suppose it would be too much work to also include personal home addresses, times when said person might be at work or around town.. you know, basically when these precious swords would be unguarded, waiting to be liberated. Yeah, I had a (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

Lenny, you could always remedy this: (URL) skip going out to lunch one day. ;) -Aaron "leonard hoffman" <glencaer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HCMGLz.11Mp@lugnet.com... (...) know, (...) a (...) probably (...) black (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

I just checked my troops, and I have 2 Black Swords. Don Lugnet #1239 (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

(...) Easily the rarest Castle part of ALL. _The Red Ghost_ I don’t know the actual background to this minifig, but I do know that I want one badly! Oh, and I'd like to offer a big WhOpS… I don’t actually have ‘32’ black swords… Upon inspection, I (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein wrote some stuff but i paraphrased most of if and skipped the rest. Dude, I got like two things to say to you: Firstly, you totally copied my writing style! (seriously, I'm the originator of the compact style of (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

(...) Oh my, just in time, too!! ;) Alan (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

(...) Jeff (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

You know...I forgot about the red ghost. I have 35 of them, just kidding. :) I don't have any. Does anyone know anything about it? I have seen a picture but can't seem to find out what set it came with. No one on Bricklink has one and Peeron doesn't (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Black Sword

(...) The Red Ghost is realy one of the rarest...and best of it - I've got one !!! I've got that Ghost in a bunch of 8kg Lego at Ebay about 1 year ago :) See the picture at: (URL) thnx for starting this discussion about a rare peace of lego :) -- (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Red Ghost

Hello! (...) The Red Ghost has never been an 'official' LEGO element. Rumours say they were produced just for testing purpose, maybe for adjusting the molds of the actual gloom-in-the-dark ghosts. One factory that produces test molds for LEGO is or (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Red Ghost

Hi, I've made a page to collect the pictures of the red ghost's at: (URL) else have seen this amazing minifig in his lego-boxes? Kai --- (URL) ( german page ) *** JOIN the Medieval Lego Webring at: (URL) *** --- -- (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Red Ghost

~WoW…fascinating! ¯¯¯...¯¯¯ Thanks for the background info. (your post should be highlighted into the “details-section.” Because you’re the 1st person to have provided insight into this fantastically rear element!) (...) (URL) this indeed proves to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: The Red Ghost

(...) I think the most rare LEGO pieces are the 'swirl' bricks. Long ago, with the old injection machines, when changing from one color to another, they'd get a few swirled color pieces. With each one being unique, I'd bet the swirled bricks would (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: The Red Ghost

They are the most rare in the sense that each is unique, but in general terms, I bet there are more flame-colored bricks than red ghosts. Also, Flame-Colored bricks, as they are officially called, are still being found in new sets today! You know (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: The Red Ghost

Nice red paint... -Rob (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: The Red Ghost

(...) Nah, it looks like the real thing to me. If you look carefully at the bottoms, there is a slight difference between the two red ghosts. This seems to prove that they are prototype pieces. Jojo, you are one lucky guy (or maybe just smart enough (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: The Red Ghost

(...) (URL) so the timing wasn’t great I'll admit. Being April Fools an’ all… But if you were to do a background search on this subject you’ll see it has been around for a long time…seriously…check into it! Um, there’s this Japanese site of every (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: The Red Ghost

(...) Considering it was a while since they produced the ghosts it's not impossible there are som mottled (swirled) red/glow in the dark ghosts out there... Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: The Red Ghost

Hello! (...) Hehehe! Sometimes the best April Fools are those that ain't hoaxes but true, but everybody takes them for April Fools... (...) Indeed. My Red Ghosts are really existing and authentic. I could show you them if you come to a German LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: The Red Ghost

(...) yup, and my faked ghost made this discussion more April Fool than it might be :) But what about the BLUE Ghost ?...no, no...sorry I could'n resist. ;) (...) Just let me know where and when the ghost's are trying to meet other horrible (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: The Red Ghost

Hi Lenny, (...) so what about swirl bricks that, even in normal appearance, are available in rare sets only...? I got one with my 1237 Asimo Robot: (URL) took LEGO about 3 months to send me a replacement, but the managed to find one even though this (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: The Red Ghost

Hey, i don't know if this is real, but I have a bunch of the old Cellulose Acetate bricks from the 50s-60s, and some of them are white with little swirls and bits of red in them. Is it possible that they could be swirls? If they are, are they worth (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: The Red Ghost

They sound like the swirl bricks people have talked about. I don't know what they would be worth, but they sound kinda cool! Josh (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)