 Castle / 16131
Re: Elven Home pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:23:01 GMT

I probably should have done this sooner, but here's a "tour" of the pics:

8c.jpg front view

8d   3/4 view. If you look closely, you can see the grren arched doors to
the lower level.

20 rear view (That's a stylized stags' head on the central pillar.

14  roof off, exposing the top floor.

19  upper level (rear half). This is an overhead shot showing the throne,
bedroom and halls. THe hallway in the rear of the photo is the stairs to the
lower level.

8b "exploded" view.

16/18  lower level. I designed this as a kitchen/ utility space.

15/17 cellar. It's only 3 bricks lower than the lower level, but I really
wanted to treat this as separate from the "living space" of the rest of the
house.

I didn't use any white log bricks b/c they're being used in another project.

The foliage will be finished when I finish the rest of the 'estate'. That
way I can spread it out a bit and really make it look natural. The eventual
plan is to do a movie centering around a band of orcs (i.e. gungans) trying
to overrun the estate and the elves have to hold them off.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words.

Fritz

In lugnet.castle, Frederick Grondy writes:
Hi everybody,
   I don't post very often, but NCLUG had a meeting over the weekend and
Joe Meno has been nice enough to post some pics to his bricklink account.

   Why is this interesting to .castle? Well, I have an Elven Manor House
that I'm rather proud of that's featured in several pics. I'd really love to
hear some other castle fan opinions of it, so here's the link to the
meeting's pics:

   Some of the interior details weren't captured in the shots, if there's
enough interest I'll work on posting some more.

Thanks  and LMKWYT!

Fritz
(crazy looking guy in the last photo)