 Castle / 15977
Re: Castle Map
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 21:03:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
I can't speak for Anthony or Kevin, but my personal world (Yeaen, in which is
found the nations of Caerany and Olmany) is fully built with a drawn map.

My world's map was conveniently drawn for me by Tolkien.  :)

My vision of IOM was that it was a mystical place, and voyaging there involved
some sort of ill-defined transportation away from your ordinary world to
another.  I don't personally believe that it involved an implicite
understanding that all fantasy worlds were connected, but just left the
problems associated in a kind of foggy mist. hee hee.

That was my impression as well.  I kind of thought of it as a kind of
dimensional portal that could be reached from all worlds.  To take a page
from Tolkien, just as the elves can sail off on the Straight Path and find
themselves leaving this world behind, travellers to the Isle of Mist sail
off and their path takes them from this world to that.  Of course that
leaves open the question of whether travellers can leave the IOM and return
to a different world than the one they started with.

Bruce