 Castle / 14944
New Marketplace: Corsair's Magical Creatures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle.org
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 10:14:36 GMT

Introducing Corsair, the proprietor of Fashionable Male- err wait.  Not that
upscale wannabe clothing store on the second level.  No, he runs the Magical
Creatures Shop.  In the past year he has taken on a stable boy.  His name is
Robin, the boy wander.  Cuz he has a short attention span.  The shop is
located across the street from the 4tune Tellahs Shizzop.  That shop is now
under new ownership.  The dwarf came back and gave Fred Durst a beat down.
So now it's run by a former teacher from some magic school.  The day starts
as usual, Corsair is trying to sell a baby dragon to a grumpy dwarf.  Robin
is bringing in the newest shipment of Fire Spiders.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/a.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/b.jpg

Across the street you can see the Fortune Teller himself, he's getting
drunk, as usual.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/c.jpg

It's a hard sell for Corsair, but he doesn't give up, he explains how easy
they are to feed.  You can also see the Barrel Of Frogs near the shop.  One
could be a prince if you kiss it!  The others just get you high if you lick
em.  (Wasn't that a game I played when I was a kid?  Barrel of frogs...)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/d.jpg

Around the side you can see what else Corsair sells.  He has more baby
dragons, owls, and a barrel of monkeys.  They're magic because they have no
"fun" left in them.  Hence not as fun as a barrel of monkeys.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/e.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/f.jpg
And that was a view of the other side, not very intresting sides or rear.

Coursair is about to make the sale.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/h.jpg

But the monkeys get restless and spit on the dwarf.  So he leaves.  Robin is
trying to get the situation under control.  The Monkey Manual calls for one
thing when monkeys get rowdy, a pitchfork.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/i.jpg

Now that the mini crisis is over Robin can tend to his other duties, such as
feeding the Antifreeze Scorpion.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/j.jpg

Baby dragons need to be fed too, and what's more tastey than Monkey-kabob!
(is that a secret level in Monkey Ball 2?)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/k.jpg

Now that it's slow outside I'll show you the inside.  It has books about the
ceatures, rare foods, and post cards (for the tourists).
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/l.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/m.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/n.jpg

You can see up there that Corsair also sells Barrels of Snakes.  The cat
seems a bit freaked out by a barrel of snakes, most of the time, snakes come
in a can labeled "mixed nuts".

Here is a more "exploded" view of the tiny shop's interior.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/o.jpg

The day is done and Corsair is going home to count his riches.  He's sold
some baby dragons, used up all the lame monkeys, and sold his cat.  He now
has room in the shop for larger Magical Creatures.  Robin get's his day's
pay... a golden snitch?  Poor kid.

So another day is over, Corsair has ordered some larger beasts, killed the
lame animals, and the teacher got drunk across the street.  Hopefully next
week a shipment of Chocobos will arrive.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/MedievalMarketplace/CorsairsMagicAnimals/q.jpg

Oh and my road is 8wide, the other 2x was on the other baseplate, I realize
all these pics show a 6wide.

Folder after moderation

e.