 Castle / 14175
Re: DRAGONS ROCKS!!! Puns unavoidable, not truly sorry :o)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:39:50 GMT

<snip>

The figs are, as you say, Games Workshop overblown style.  They don't have
the charm that the Lego minifigs have, but that's a matter of taste I
suppose.  The heads seem to be glued on.  Some of the legs are wobbly.  The
shields are too big to place the figs in a four-stud wide configuration
without front-to-back staggering.  The smaller weapons don't look too bad on
a Lego fig.  Despite the criticism, they passed my son's cool-o-meter..

<snip>

Just a note on your observations.
The heads of these guys are not glued on, they are real snug fitting and due
to the bleed of the blackened paint look, some paint may have crept into the
joint hole a little.  This is common with action figures as most all are
painted.  Until the paint cures and then the joint is pivoted or moved, the
paint sets the joint in place.  That is one reason LEGO official
mini-figures use a small dab of paint at the neck joint, keeps 'em from
getting loose.  So the heads DO come off, you may have to use a little more
effort to remove them the first time.
About the weapons, I like the staffs, javalins, small axes and small maces.
The larger weapons and double ended axes are a little awkward.  The capes
and banners are real nice decorative items.  MB got the Dragon monsters just
right.  The ONLY thing I would change about the Dragons would be to give the
wing a hinge that would allow them to fold behind the Dragon.
I too am a fan of these sets, they are great stand alone play things, and
many of the accessories and parts do good things for my MOC stuff.  I hope
to have some of my creations up on Brickshelf this week.
Stay tuned!!
-Aaron-