 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 3013
Re: LDConfig.ldr + L3P 1.4 + POV-Ray 3.6.2 + fastrad.inc no longer producing nice results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2011 19:04:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Michael Horvath wrote:
I've been trying to use the fastrad.inc script with scenes generated by the new
version (1.4) of L3P that supports LDConfig.ldr.

However, the results are not nearly as attractive as they were with older
versions of L3P.

I think that many of the POV-Ray colors were tuned by the All-In-One Installer
from LDraw.org.  These are tuned for rendering.

The LDconfig.ldr is not tuned for rendering.  It is meant for creating building
instructions.

For this reason, I have re-created LDconfig_Alt.ldr to contain colors tuned for
rendering.

Let me know if this helps:
http://www.scottwardlaw.com/LEGO/LDConfig.zip

Scott