 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2476
Re: LDA2005 Progress Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:21:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tore Eriksson wrote:
I am getting really excited over how fast progress is made just a couple of days
from project restart.

The strange thing is that what takes most time is to build the models for the
scenes. Animation is relatively quickly done. Datsville as scenery is in deed
tempting, but will take hours just to get back into, and many more to filter out
and simplify enough to make it workable. It's just too huge. :(

Tomorrow I will be experimenting on some lights, and maybe some inline POV code.
But for now, I really have to get some sleep.

Progress in my todo-list so far (Updated):

* Support for new minifig parts - Done!

* Support for camera.dat and look_at.dat - Done!

* Automatic writing a batch file for L3P - Done! (It was harder than expected,
but now it's done, and it's making camera movements so easy!)

- - - - - - - -

* Playing around some with the program. Making small sample animations. Fixing
any bugs that may show up. Probably rewriting todo-list - One small animation
made. I have discovered cool options that I didn't even plan.

* Moving the LDA project to an URL that I can update, and of course update it -
URL created, but not upated.

* Support for LDR extension - not yet started on.

* Support for project (=scene folders) - not yet started on.

Hello Tore,

Is your todo-list the year 2001 "More or less planned commands" as they are
presented here: http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/lda2001/lda2001.htm or do
you follow another new 2005 todo-list ?

Regards,

damien