 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 230
  Propellors on plane at Brickshelf

George, How did you create the great propellor effect in this rendering? (URL) stranded minifig is a nice touch. Is the hair from some other LEGO POV library?) --Bram (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Propellors on plane at Brickshelf

(...) I used MegaPov (an unofficial version of PovRay) that supports motion blur: motion_blur { object {propel scale 2.5 rotate <clock*10,0,0> translate <-70, - 98, -100> } } I made the plane with MLCad and then i added the pilot (including his (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Propellors on plane at Brickshelf

(...) Wow, there exists a version of POV-Ray which supports motion blur? I had no idea! So far, I've always used the POV-Ray animation technique to achieve motion blur. This is somewhat CPU consuming, as I have to render, say, 20 images, and then (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Propellors on plane at Brickshelf

(...) MegaPOV supports motion blur, focal blur, photons (so you can create a real mirror or prism), UV mapping, post processing filters and a lot more. It works exactly like PovRay, it just adds the additional commands. You can get it from: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)