 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1039
RE: Minifig Heads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 05:13:53 GMT

Joel Hoornbeek writes:
I've seen some beautiful renderings out there, with wonderful
ROUND heads, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

What you need to do is render a blank round head and then use an
image_map of the face for the pigment of the head.  You can change the
map type to a cylindrical wrap instead of rectangular if necessary.  A
slightly lower qualityway to do it would be to change the triangles in
the mesh for the head to smooth_triangle's using an outside utility.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
www.bldesign.org