 CAD / MLCad / 1922
Re: (First post) enter position and rotation dialog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:20:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jeremy Vandivere wrote:
I have placed a part (plate 1x2) into the work area, and I need to
rotate it along the X axis. in the 'enter position and rotation' dialog,
it says the angle is already 90 degrees. this is referring the the 90
degrees I had to rotate it to get it pointed long ways instead of
sideways. (can you tell I'm new?)

If you're using MLcad, there should be a toolbar with six circular arrow buttons
in it.  Those arrow bottons will rotate the part along all three axes.  The
arrows are modeled according to the top-view (default lower left frame), where
the left pair of arrows will roll it along a horizontal axis, the right pair
will rotate it on a vertical axis, and the middle pair will spin it flat on the
screen.  Just make sure you have the right part selected before you start
hitting the rotate buttons.

PS: playing with this program has prompted me to buy my first real lego
set in years. Anyone know when spider-man parts will be added to the
parts list? :)

It's all a matter of when someone wants it bad enough to program it in.  There's
a noticable shortage of painted parts compared to what has been officially
released, even though the shapes are already there, and minifigs are no
exception.  I get the idea that most of the part designers are interested in
building new shapes instead of adding various skins to them.