 CAD / MLCad / *1908 (-10)
New tutorial: Running LSynth through MLCad's interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:37:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi folks,

generating hoses, chains and electical cabels has never been easier - even for
people with little CAD experience. Check out this tutorial about MLCad's newest
feature and go down to the nuts and bolts of the prog:

www.holly-wood.it

"Synth" well!

w.

Re: Reports in MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:01:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann wrote:
Ken,

this sounds like a bug in MLCad. I'll investigate that.
The other point is that the next version of MLCad will support the offical
color definitions based on the LDraw.org color standard.

In the mean time you can do the following (so far I remember correctly, and
no functionallity was destroyed by me).

Add a part to a new project, and click on the "M" button in the color-bar.
Now define your colors as you like, and save them as "Default Colors".

Best regards,
   Michael

Thanks Michael, I'll give that a try (and I'm looking forward to the next
version as well)

Ken

Re: Reports in MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 06:44:53 GMT

Ken,

this sounds like a bug in MLCad. I'll investigate that.
The other point is that the next version of MLCad will support the offical
color definitions based on the LDraw.org color standard.

In the mean time you can do the following (so far I remember correctly, and
no functionallity was destroyed by me).

Add a part to a new project, and click on the "M" button in the color-bar.
Now define your colors as you like, and save them as "Default Colors".

Best regards,
   Michael

"Ken Bailey" <kmbailey@paradise_NO_SPAM_.net.nz> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Can anyone answer this question ?

Why does this happen.

If I use a colour from the "More" section of the colorbar toolbar eg; Sand • Green
(378) or Sand Blue (379) that show as their correct names when I view them • in
the parts section at the top of the main construction window, then, when I • go to
"Extras-Report-Pieces" and view the report it shows the colours as • "unused" ?

Is this a (minor) bug ?

If this is a bug, can the program be fixed so that the report will show • the name
of the colour in the report ?

Also, if someone posts the rgb etc figures for any new colours (eg reddish
brown) how can I make MLCad "remember" these figures so I don't have to • re-enter
them every time I re-start MLCad.

Thanks

Ken Bailey

Subject:
Reports in MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:07:23 GMT

Can anyone answer this question ?

Why does this happen.

If I use a colour from the "More" section of the colorbar toolbar eg; Sand Green
(378) or Sand Blue (379) that show as their correct names when I view them in
the parts section at the top of the main construction window, then, when I go to
"Extras-Report-Pieces" and view the report it shows the colours as "unused" ?

Is this a (minor) bug ?

If this is a bug, can the program be fixed so that the report will show the name
of the colour in the report ?

Also, if someone posts the rgb etc figures for any new colours (eg reddish
brown) how can I make MLCad "remember" these figures so I don't have to re-enter
them every time I re-start MLCad.

Thanks

Ken Bailey

Re: Attention: Serious bug in MLCad V3.10 !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 21:09:08 GMT

Hello,

[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>\Parts
2 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\Parts\s
3 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\P
4 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\P\48
5 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>\NewParts

And the parts in NewParts showed up in MLCad without having to use Scan • Parts.
I just wanted to let you know this worked.
I'll be waiting for the patch.

This one does indeed work for me too.
just downloaded version 3.11 and adjusted the .ini, this time without the
backslash and it is still working :-)

Keep up the good work, Michael!

Greetings
    Maico Arts

Subject:
*** MLCad V3.11 is available ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:09:21 GMT

Hi,

MLCad V3.11 is a bug-fix release to V3.00 and corrects the following bugs:

1) Scan path function causing crash and not working correctly
2) Hide Feature doesn't change modified attribute
3) Bug when removing sub-models from mpd projects

As usual MLCad can be downloaded from

http://www.lm-software.com/mlcad/

Best regards and happy playing,
   Michael

Re: Attention: Serious bug in MLCad V3.10 !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:48:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann wrote:
Hi to all MLCad users.

The following scan order section in MLCad ini will work if ALL PATHS ARE
RELATIVE to the ldraw base directory. Any other path, also full paths will
not work. I believe the errors happened when I rewrote the stuff during
discussion about this feature.

Important also is that you insert a backslash after <LDRAWDIR>!

[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>\Parts
2 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\Parts\s
3 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\P
4 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\P\48
5 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>\unoff\parts
6 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\unoff\parts\s
7 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\unoff\p
8 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\unoff\p\48

the example assumes that the directories listed are below your ldraw base
directory!

I'm going to release a patch release quickly.

I just did a quick test:

[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>\Parts
2 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\Parts\s
3 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\P
4 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\P\48
5 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>\NewParts

And the parts in NewParts showed up in MLCad without having to use Scan Parts.
I just wanted to let you know this worked.
I'll be waiting for the patch.

Niels

Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 18:08:30 GMT

Hello Willy

hi,

it is working smoothly on my win2000+SP4 with the following config:

c:\Programme\MLCad\MLCad.exe
c:\Programme\MLCad\PARTS
c:\Programme\MLCad\PARTS\s
c:\Programme\MLCad\Eigene_Parts

[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW Parts
2 = HIDE Parts\s
3 = HIDE P
4 = HIDE P\48
5 = SHOW UnofficialParts
6 = HIDE UnofficialParts\s
7 = SWOW Eigene_Parts

I will try this kind of setup again.
If it works for you, it should work for me too!
Thanks

Maico, your dutch version is no longer working 'cos 3.10 is no longer • supporting
the old language-dll version 1.1. jaco van der molen is currently • upgrading the
dutch dll to 1.2 (in case he is not too busy with his brand new MOC, the • biggest
he ever did - it weight 3 kg something ;-)

Hmm, I think we will see it at LEGO World...
About the language dll, I think I have read something about that, but no it
is confirmed, thanks

hope it helps,

Let's hope so!

Greetings

Maico Arts

Attention: Serious bug in MLCad V3.10 !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 18:15:43 GMT

Hi to all MLCad users.

I just found a realy serious bug in MLCad, I must say I don't know what I
did when I implemented the search-path feature but at least during testing
my mind completely failed and I didn't see any obvious bug.

I'm realy sorry about that!

However there is exactly one methode to get it working, doing anything
different from what is written below can cause MLCad to crash, or the
feature will simply not work at all.

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 06:17:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Maico Arts wrote:
Hello Michael and Niels,

I just checked for myself, I have the same problem.
paths for me are: D:\lego\ldraw\MLCad_V3.10
the unofficial parts are here:
D:\lego\ldraw\unoff\parts
and
D:\lego\ldraw\unoff\p

First I had a longer name for "unoff".

Here is the part from the mlcad.ini:

[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW Parts
2 = HIDE Parts\s
3 = HIDE P
4 = HIDE P\48
5 = SHOW d:\lego\ldraw\unoff\parts
6 = HIDE d:\lego\ldraw\unoff\parts\s
7 = HIDE d:\lego\ldraw\unoff\p
8 = HIDE d:\lego\ldraw\unoff\p\48

For me it is not working either.
btw: the language file is also not working anymore...

Greetings from the Netherlands
    Maico Arts

I am aware of that it is a new function in version 3.10.
When I select Help, About MLCad it shows
MLCad Version 3.10
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 by Michael Lachmann

I just installed MLCad 3.10 on Windows XP Home Edition,
and changed the SCAN_ORDER section in MLCad.ini.
Launched MLCad.exe and selected File, Scan Parts.
Also no success.

Do other users of MLCad 3.10 have this working?

Niels

hi,

it is working smoothly on my win2000+SP4 with the following config:

c:\Programme\MLCad\MLCad.exe
c:\Programme\MLCad\PARTS
c:\Programme\MLCad\PARTS\s
c:\Programme\MLCad\Eigene_Parts

[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW Parts
2 = HIDE Parts\s
3 = HIDE P
4 = HIDE P\48
5 = SHOW UnofficialParts
6 = HIDE UnofficialParts\s
7 = SWOW Eigene_Parts

Maico, your dutch version is no longer working 'cos 3.10 is no longer supporting
the old language-dll version 1.1. jaco van der molen is currently upgrading the
dutch dll to 1.2 (in case he is not too busy with his brand new MOC, the biggest
he ever did - it weight 3 kg something ;-)

3.10 currently supports solely german, italian and (thx to miguel) spanish.

hope it helps,

w.

www.holly-wood.it

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact