 CAD / LDD / 80

Re: LDD 2.0 immedeately locks up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 03:43:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Jason Allemann wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ldd, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ldd, Jeff Szklennik wrote:

SNIP

I got it to work fine by doing what Brad74 on the Lego.com forums said:

http://club.lego.com/messageboards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1000188413&PageIndex=2

“I had the same issues with v2.0 Stalled at the initial selection screen. I did however get it working. What I did was after initial install I un-checked the run LDD now box and clicked on the link to update Quicktime even though I was running a very recent version. I am not sure why but after updating Quicktime and restarting my computer everything runs fine. However it is too bad that some bricks are no longer available and two models my son and I built now can not be ordered without major re-works... Not appreciated mostly because these were some very integral pieces to our models.”

once i loaded the QT (unfortunately i couldn’t find a link on Apple.com for QT 7.1.5 WITHOUT iTunes) i was able to start LDD 2.0 & select a building starting point (starter model, freeplay, etc.) & loaded & played with no delay.

Jeff

Re: LDD 2.0 immedeately locks up
In lugnet.cad.ldd, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   once i loaded the QT (unfortunately i couldn’t find a link on Apple.com for QT 7.1.5 WITHOUT iTunes) i was able to start LDD 2.0 & select a building starting point (starter model, freeplay, etc.) & loaded & played with no delay.

Based on the rest of this post, I assume you’re not on a Mac. While it used to be that the only way I could find Quicktime without iTunes was to do a Google search for standalone quicktime, the standalone Quicktime installer is now on the main Quicktime download page. Just click the second radio button (which right now reads QuickTime 7.1.5 for Windows 2000/XP) to download the standalone version. (Note: I am using Firefox, but it would be really strange for them to hide that from IE users and not Firefox users.)

--Travis

Re: LDD 2.0 immedeately locks up
   In lugnet.cad.ldd, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   SNIP
the standalone Quicktime installer is now on the main Quicktime download page. Just click the second radio button (which right now reads QuickTime 7.1.5 for Windows 2000/XP) to download the standalone version. (Note: I am using Firefox, but it would be really strange for them to hide that from IE users and not Firefox users.)

--Travis

Thanks! i’m on firefox too, but all i could see of the secon radio button was “Windows 200”-the rest must have been cut off as the font size in my firefox must be too large for some sites or parts of sites. I’m SO glad you pointed that out- i uninstalled the QT with iTunes & reinstalled just QT & LDD 2.0 works great.

Jeff

[...]

Thanks for the info - in a coincidental sequence of events, QT informed me there was a new version and I had downloaded it, less than 24 hours after I had unsuccessfully tried LDD 2.0. Unfortunately, I hadn’t tried LDD again after installing the new version of QT. LDD 2.0 now appears to work fine on my PC too, I will report here if I have any further issues.

ROSCO

[...]

Awesome, thanks a tonne for this info!!