 CAD / LDD / 75
    Need LDD 2.0 Help from the Experts on Making Instructions —Paul S. D'Urbano
   How do you control building instruction steps with LDD 2.0? It doesn't seem to preserve them when you upgrade 1.6 models or import LDraw models. I assume there must be a way because the 10183 hobby train models have organized instructions. Does (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

        Re: Need LDD 2.0 Help from the Experts on Making Instructions —Timothy Gould
   (...) I think 10183 instructions were done by hand. I believe the system follows the order you add your pieces but it will not preserve step statements in LDraw files any more :( Tim (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

        Re: Need LDD 2.0 Help from the Experts on Making Instructions —Christopher Masi
   (...) Because automatic building instructions are less then optimal, I have started uploading subassemblies of models to my gallery. Hopefully, if someone buys one of my models, they'll check my gallery for the subassemblies. In the descriptions for (...) (17 years ago, 3-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

        Re: Need LDD 2.0 Help from the Experts on Making Instructions —Timothy Gould
   --snip-- Nice reverse engineering. (...) I know this one :) Well some of it anyway... tx, ty and tz are the translation from the origin, ax, ay, az define a unit vector and angle defines a rotation angle (in radians IIRC). (tx,ty,tz) and angle (...) (17 years ago, 3-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

        Re: Need LDD 2.0 Help from the Experts on Making Instructions —Christopher Masi
   (...) OK, but why would those things be specified in the directions area? The directions refer to a part ID, and the part ID is defined in the model group. Where the part ID is defined is also where the location of the brick is defined. Just (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

        Re: Need LDD 2.0 Help from the Experts on Making Instructions —Timothy Gould
   (...) I suspect it's a camera angle. Whether or not it's actually implemented at the moment is a different matter. Tim (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)