    Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file —Travis Cobbs
   (...) The main effect that this setting has is its control over the amount of display list compilation used. Display lists are a feature in OpenGL (the graphics library used by LDView) for drawing static objects. They convert (compile) the data into (...) (15 years ago, 12-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

        Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file —Eric Albrecht
   (...) Thanks for the explanation. Since my computer at work (which I am using) is a high end CAD workstation with enough VRAM to display a billion polygons, I guess I should just leave it on HIGH! On my home machine, I will probably slow it down. (...) (15 years ago, 13-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

        Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file —Travis Cobbs
   (...) It may be able to display a billion polygons, but it certainly can't keep a billion unique polygons in video memory. Each unique point requires a bare minimum of 12 bytes, and usually requires more than that (for color/texture info). The (...) (15 years ago, 13-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)