Re: July MOTM is ready to go!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 23:19:46 GMT

Terry,

Regarding the new rules,

I like them, except for the part about not specifying a web address and not
providing multiple views.  All of my renderings would fit into the "model"
category except for this.  I like to provide a web link to multiple views of
the same model.

I can understand the need to limit this (because someone could easily post a
non-conforming image on the web link), but couldn't we try seeing if people
are honest and just put that all images on the web link need to conform to
the other rules?

Brad

Terry K <legoverse@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GFHGp3.H0H@lugnet.com...
Hey all,

Time to vote.
http://www.ldraw.org/motm/
Good luck to the entrants.

And notice that there is a link to an additional rules page.
I've decided to try a split format.  A model-only contest and a scene
contest.  The rules are spelled out on how and what to enter.
http://www.ldraw.org/motm/info.shtml

The rules for the model-only entries are quite restrictive. By my • reckoning,
four of the current entries would qualify as model-only entries - if I • were
to start the two contests now.  But that is next month.

The scene contest is much more liberal - pretty much as it is now.

-- Terry K --