 CAD / Development / 9320
9319  |  9321
Subject:
Math Problem Again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:53:56 GMT

You are given three 3d cooridates.
This makes a triangle in 3d space. The z values may all be three different, so
it may be rotated in almost*) any direction.

I am just interested of the plane; the surface it makes.

Now, we have a forth point, with only x and y values given. I wish to calculate
the z value where this line meets the plane from the triangle (* -> they will
meet, but not necesserily within the triangle)

If possible, I would like an Excel spreadsheet, but just the formula will do.

TIA,
/Tore