 CAD / Development / 9020
    Re: Mirrored parts and studs —Steve Bliss
   (...) That is my opinion. The programs should be changed, rather than the parts. One thing to consider: even if we 'fix' all the part files so that all studs render non-mirrored logos, mirrored logos can still occur. For example, if someone created (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Mirrored parts and studs —Orion Pobursky
     (...) And mine as well. If LDView can correct for this then so can any other program. The stud logos are a bonus feature offered by many programs but are not officailly supported by the LDraw spec. (...) This further supports my position on this (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: Mirrored parts and studs —Tore Eriksson
      (...) After thinking about it for a while, I totally agree. If anyone wants to make perfect rendering with stud logos lined up correctly (how often does this occur?), I assume this person must have the knowledge to inline that part locally at (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: Mirrored parts and studs —Dave Schuler
     (...) A fair point, but how often would that happen, realistically? Enough to be a problem? Even if one or two parts eventually turn up like that, why would the whole system have to be jettisoned for those few exceptions? (...) I'm not sure that (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Mirrored parts and studs —Chris Dee
     (...) My only concern about letting the rendering programs do this is "how they know which way to orientate the logo". Coding this within the .dat file (either with a correctly orientated stud.dat or with metadata) is preferable to storing this (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Mirrored parts and studs —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Yes. But I'm not as willing as you are to see files changed, I guess (...) I think mirrored is more of a concern than misrotated, but that's just me. Would this meta work though? In other words, are there any parts that have studs *with logos* (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Mirrored parts and studs —Dave Schuler
   (...) Ouch--painful use of Dave! Oh, well. I knew my solution wasn't perfect, but it solved the immediate problem (while admittedly creating others). I'll still probably use it in my blasphemous clone.dats, if it's all the same to you folks. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)