 CAD / Development / 7453
7452  |  7454
Subject:
Spheroid Generator (Perl) makes DAT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 02:31:15 GMT

Hi all,

I've got a Perl program to generate spheres and other shapes in LDRAW
format, or as crude ASCII instruction steps. I wrote this to assist in
creating my 16x16 dome out of plates.

The program is free. You will need to have beginner Perl knowledge to use it.

Basically, edit the first line of the program to get the shape you want.
There are 6 built in, and you can edit the parameters to get others
including ellipsoids.

Has someone already done this that I don't know of?

Code at http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/olsone/spheroids/spheroid.pl
(or see reply to this message where I'll post it for posterity)

Some samples at Brickshelf (wait for moderation)

Enjoy!
-Erik