 CAD / Development / 6103
    Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?) —Paul Gyugyi
   HeeHeee! I have great faith in Tim that one day LDraw will become an open project, but I don't think it has ever been one in the past! :) As soon as the parts library is opened up, I promise I'll check it all into Sourceforge.org, so one can use (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?) —Fredrik Glöckner
     (...) This sounds almost like communistic ideology: For the project to ultimately become open, it must first become more closed for a while! ;-) (...) That's undoubtedly an interesting idea. Fredrik (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?) —Steve Bliss
   (...) Paul, I don't know if you saw earlier messages about the Part Tracker, but there was some discussion about whether or not we could use CVS as a backend to an automated system. What do you think? There are a number of features we need that (I (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?) —Paul Gyugyi
   (...) I'll go look up the discussion. I'm just getting back into the swing of things. I think CVS would be a great way of distributing the parts. There's clearly some managment tools needed to help with organizing the submissions and reviews of new (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?) —Don Heyse
   (...) I think a small script running "l3p -check" called from within the CVS commitinfo file would work great for this. (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)