 CAD / Development / 4188
4187  |  4189
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Subject:
More MPD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 01:56:55 GMT

1. Are the files in an MPD public or private?
Consider this example with three files:

town.dat
  1 16 -40 0 0  1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1 house1.mpd
  1 16  40 0 0  1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1 house2.mpd

house1.mpd
  0 FILE house1.dat
  1 4 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3003.DAT
  1 4 0 -24 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 roof.dat
  0 FILE roof.dat
  1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3043.DAT

house2.mpd
  0 FILE house2.dat
  1 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3003.DAT
  1 2 0 -8 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 roof.dat
  0 FILE roof.dat
  1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3068.DAT

For this to work as expected, "local files" in an MPD must be private,
and cannot be referenced by other "real files".

2. I suggest BuildMpd and M-Peedy should be able to handle MPD's too
as input files, and SplitMPD and M-Peedy should be able to split an MPD
correctly into the original files, both MPD and DAT.
You can use the town.dat above for test ;-)

3. Can I generally use the NOFILE meta command to skip the rest of the file,
i.e. also for ordinary DAT files?
Should it be renamed to EOF/ENDOFFILE?
/Lars