 CAD / Development / 11055
Re: number notation in official parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 02:36:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Heidemann wrote:
If I rotate a part in LDDP the result may look like this:

1 16 4E-15 4 -20 0 0 1 0 -1 0 -1 0 0 stud4.dat

This can be read by LDView and MLCad as a valid number.
Is such notation allowed in official parts? It is nowhere explicit allowed or
disallowed. The value 4E-15 is surely very small, but it could also be 4E-2 for
example.
I just want to know how to deal with such numbers in DATHeader.

cu
mikeheide

My suggestion would be to read numbers in that notation but never write them.
I'm not sure why LDDP would write them that way (it would require some strange
output routines) but if one thing writes them then it's best to read them.

Tim