 CAD / Development / 11018
Re: Peeron_to_MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 2009 20:17:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Michele Somma wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
Now that I've had a chance to use Peeron_to_MLCAD, I must say again, excellent
work.  After getting everything setup, it was fun 'building' the model in MLCAD.

The tutorial was great and very necessary, as I was overwhelmed by all of the
buttons and had no idea what order they needed to be pushed in.  It might be
nice to have fewer buttons that perform multiple steps.  Also, it would be nice
if Peeron_to_MLCAD remembered the settings from the main page, like 'only 1
piece for each part' or 'use qty pieces per part'?

If you think that you can use it, I have some code in my ColorManager that
allows the program to download HTTP files, just like a web browser.  I use a
library called CURL to skip the step of the user finding and saving the web
page.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you run MLCAD and have it open a .ldr file?

Great work!  I look forward to 'building' all of those sets that I can't afford.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott

If I decide to write a new version of Peeron_to_MLCad I will take note of your
suggestions. I am writing to you in private on technical aspects related to
programming.

This program is interesting for me. But It does not work correctly now. I think
the reason is that Peeron's html code has changed and a Peeron2MLCAD's parser
needs an update.
I have an universal parser from my another program and I prefer to make
an update instead writing a new program from a scratch with another name and
etc. I send a e-mail to author but don't get a feedback. I will put some effort
if author allow me. So keep me in a mind.

A half of LDraw's programs become out of date too fast.
I understand all programs are free, 'AS IS' and 'From funs For funs'
but ... it is so ruefully.

Il'dar Ismagilov