 CAD / Development / 10686
Re: Introducing Lic - Lego Instruction Creator (pre-alpha)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:23:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Remi Gagne wrote:

   On my machine (win32), the function glDeleteFramebuffersEXT() expects a list as its last argument, but seems yours is expecting an integer. I’ve seen both versions in the literature. If you’re willing and curious, want to change the code? In GLHelpers.py, just change line 119 by removing the two square brackets around framebuffer, see if that helps.

Sure. It fails in the same place, but with a different error:
glDeleteFramebuffersEXT(1, framebuffer)
ctypes.ArgumentError: argument 2: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>: global name 'typeCode' is not defined
Wish I knew more about Python so I could help debug a little better.

   If it doesn’t, no worries - this probably isn’t the best venue to debug. I’ll have access to an OS X test machine soon, and will maintain better cross-platform support.

No problem. I kept notes on everything I installed, more or less, if it’s of interest. Here’s which OpenGL packages I’ve got - maybe you can advise different versions to match yours:
  • PyOpenGL-3.0.0a6
  • gtkglext-1.2.0
  • pygtkglext-1.1.0
I did notice that pygobject-2.14.0 reported “libffi support: no”, although it and everything else built fine. If I understand correctly (never a certainty), libffi provides some sort of mechanism for different languages to call each others’ functions. Could this be related to the mismatched argument types that cause the error?

Based on that notion I did try to find a way to install “libffi”, but I haven’t managed.

   Regarding your instructions rendering; it’s absolutely fantastic! It’s got to be one of the cleanest, most easily read images I’ve ever seen. Any hints on tools / methods you used to pulled it off?

Thanks. This thread and some additional advice from Allen Smith deserve most of the credit. I’m using L3P and Travis Cobbs’ command line build of MegaPOV 0.7 (with edge tracing and alpha channel output). The plan is to automate the remaining manual changes and share whatever tools or techniques that effort yields.

Jim