 CAD / Development / 10626
Re: Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:31:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
ps. as you know I'm not a programmer. would it be possible to
merge this with LDDP or code it as a plug-in for LDDP

Problem is that I'm no programmer either. For very low level,
crude programs it's enough but I don't feel up to the task to
do that integration. But I agree it would be a nice thing!

These are relatively simple programs code wise so as long as your
sources stay available, both these programs can be ported to LDDP
plugins with relative ease.

Would it be useful to create a generic LDDP plugin?  Say one that
simply executes a command line that appears in an ldraw style meta
command like this:

0 LDDP_EXECUTE linetrim input1.ldr input2.ldr output.ldr

Then you'd just put linetrim.exe (or edger, or whatever) in the
path, or perhaps in the LDDP plugin directory where the generic
execute plugin could find it.

Enjoy,

Don