 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6214
Re: Parts vs subparts for compound parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 03:42:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Michael Heidemann wrote:
For to solve the hold vote on this part, I think, that the current x322.dat
should go into the s/ folder because this is not a PART that I can buy. So the
file with the metal portion should be instead x322.dat and with the light bulb
then it will be x322c01.dat.

"A part I can buy" is not how we determine where to place a file.  Since x322
represents a solid piece that a modeler may need to interact with directly (that
is, give it a color).

Looking at the files involved, the file locations and filenames/part numbers are
fine as they are.  If the part titles/names can be improved, then let's improve
them.

Steve