 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5345
Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:40:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
   instead of 505 I just used a costum, dithered color

Yuck! >:^(

   I remember having a second version of this part I couldn’t use as a basis for the re-engeneering because of its REAL overlap.

Did you see this one? No light blue, bright white only on the right side overlap.

   I’ll get really frustrated, if I have to get rid of the white border after having spent so much time, just because we are interpreting what’s supposted to see and not the real image (with an doubtfull/undoubtfull overlap) I based the part on.

But look at the right edge of the rocket on this pic. You can clearly see the white is brighter where the light grey lines come in underneath it. Zoom in if you must.

The evidence is overwhelming! The whiter white is caused by misregistered printing where the white overlaps the light grey. You can even see patches of that light blue color where the blue gantry comes in underneath the right edge of the rocket. But you didn’t model that. Why not? Because it’s wrong, that’s why. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! :^)

Don’t get frustrated. I love the job you did on this part. Even if you win and we end up with that yucky light blue, I’ll still be happy because I know I can easily replace it with the white enhanced corrected version.

   getting close to 1 euro - professional maniac ... ROFL

I see your 1 euro and raise you 2.