 CAD / 9882
Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 15:48:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kyle McDonald writes:

I would think that some sort of 'material' definition would
definitely be useful, to give these (reflection etc.) types
of hints to a renderer.

  I posted my opinion about materials yesterday, it would give renderers
more options than only using colors.

I'm not sure that 'textures' themselves are required, but then
again, Textures may be a better way to do printing and stickers
on bricks so....

  Textures are faster to create and render than the clumsy way we do
stickers and decorations right now.

  I propose we add a new line type for textures, something like this for
example:

  6 color x1 y1 z1 u1 v1 x2 y2 z2 u2 v2 x3 y3 z3 u3 v3 blend_mode texture

  blend_mode could be 0-opaque, 1-punchthrough, 2-blend, 3-additive or
4-subtractive.

Leonardo