 CAD / 9874
Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 02:04:35 GMT

I just did a double take : )  YEA, vertex lists !
I was working up to proposing just this sort of addition to the
standard. Since these already exist can they be grandfathered into the
1.0 document that Orion has prepared ?

-JSM

PS. I was so annoyed by not being able to use vertex lists that I had
"back burned" the LDRAW parts I was working on.  Suddenly I'm inspired
again !

Steve Bliss wrote
You might look into the LDLite language extensions -- they probably don't qualify as
true vertex lists, but they do allow you to write files in a vertex-list friendly
fashion.  You can use the POINT meta-statement to define each vertex at the top of
the file, then use those points in the linetypes.  Like this:
Steve