 CAD / 9558
Re: Lightbricks and lightbulbs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 04:35:30 GMT

I don't know what these parts look like, so I couldn't say whether the
lightbulb can be omitted or not.

Steve

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:

A while ago I started creating the 2x2 lightbricks Type I
(both 4.5 and 12 Volt versions). I have only created the
body, the glass part and the metal sockets of these bricks.
Since I have my worn out TLC lightbulbs replaced by working
lightbubs from another branche (the cheapest/easiest available)
I cannot create a TLC lightbulb inside, or may I ommit them ?

In meanwhile I got a hold on another rare item: the ancient
2x4 lightbrick, including the original TLC lightbulb.
Well at least I think it is the original lightbulb, I don't
know the history of this brick between the sixties and the
mid eighties (I know the lightbulb has not been replaced
between the mid eighties and today). The lightbulb does not
work anymore :-(
(It looks like the brick in set 050 on lugnet guide,
or set 985 on http://www.hccamsterdam.nl/brick/ )

It will take some time before I have finished this brick.
The ribbed inside is a lot of work to create ;-)

Niels