 CAD / 9289
9288  |  9290
Subject:
LDraw Infotip Shell Extension DLL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:48:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello!

I was sick and bored and Leonardo did not have the time so i just wrote it.
Its the same little expansion to the explorer shell so when you hover your
mouse over a LDR or DAT file it will give you the basic header information
in a tooltip. It should work in Windows 2k and XP without problems.
I wrapped the whole thing in an installer for easy install and un-install.

Get it in the files section at http://www.m8laune.de!

I am thinking to prepare a better version with gives you a quick preview of
a model. This is just a quick hack.

Play well

Carsten

"Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson writes:

If it's too complicated to make a graphic preview, just description and
author would be great.

A couple years ago I wrote something that created a popup window with • the
description of DAT/LCD files, like when you move the mouse over a Word or
Excel file.

You can try http://leocad.org/files/shlext.zip and see if it still • works
(I think the last OS I tried it on was Win 98).

Leonardo

Wow! This is awesome! And you've kept this cool little program all for
yourself all these years. No, it's just that I haven't been surfing your
pages for ages. Shame on me.

Pity it doesn't recognize .ldr files, but that's understandable • considering
it's almost 4 years old. Maybe you have the sources...? ;-)

/Tore