 CAD / 17603
Re: LDraw.org 2010-03 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:09:18 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Chris Dee wrote:
The 2010-03 LDraw parts update has been now been released.

This update includes 794 files in the core library, including 456 new parts, and
many more files updated with improvements for Back Face Culling support. A
further 3 parts have been redeveloped by authors who have affirmed the
Contributor Agreement, replacing files that were not redistributable.

Thanks are due to all the authors and reviewers who contributed to this release.

You can preview the new parts in 2010-03 and download the update by going to
http://www.ldraw.org/library/updates.

The 116 certified files currently on the LDraw Parts Tracker were held back from
this update in keeping our normal practice of not releasing new primitives or
subparts until they are needed for an official part file. There are another 351
files waiting for admin review, many of which I hope can be included in the next
release.

Although not quite as large as 2010-02, this update represents a further
reduction of the backlog on the Parts Tracker
(http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/). However, we continue to be dependent
upon a small number of authors and reviewers, which limits the frequency with
which updates can be issued.

Chris Dee (LDraw Parts Library Admin)

I’m always happy to see new additions to the LDraw library. However, having just
installed the newest version, something seems to be terribly wrong.

When I started MLCad I got the report that stu213.dat and stu.211.dat were
missing. Using the partstracker, I discovered that these were non-certified
sub-parts. Well, no problem, I simply downloaded them and asked MLCad to create
a new parts list.

And that was where things got really weird...

Installing these parts seems to have corrupted the Fabuland figures. Because as
soon as I try to access any part under "F", MLCad starts howling about missing
parts. Parts which are, I might add, certified and part of the newest LDraw
library pack.

I’ve finally traced the problem to the stu211.dat part. As soon as that’s added
to the parts library and written into the parts list, the Fabuland figure’s
heads and torsos disappear from MLCad even though they’re part of the LDraw
library. And once that’s happened, the only way to solve it is by removing the
offending part, delete the parts list, and create a new one.

I have tried to make a clean install by replacing my own library with the newest
from ldraw.org, but the same problem occurs there.

Am I the only one to have this problem?
And why does the official library require non-certified parts?

Regards
Allan