 Announcements / 4119
4118  |  4120
Subject:
LDraw.org 2010-03 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:54:51 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The 2010-03 LDraw parts update has been now been released.

This update includes 794 files in the core library, including 456 new parts, and
many more files updated with improvements for Back Face Culling support. A
further 3 parts have been redeveloped by authors who have affirmed the
Contributor Agreement, replacing files that were not redistributable.

Thanks are due to all the authors and reviewers who contributed to this release.

You can preview the new parts in 2010-03 and download the update by going to
http://www.ldraw.org/library/updates.

The 116 certified files currently on the LDraw Parts Tracker were held back from
this update in keeping our normal practice of not releasing new primitives or
subparts until they are needed for an official part file. There are another 351
files waiting for admin review, many of which I hope can be included in the next
release.

Although not quite as large as 2010-02, this update represents a further
reduction of the backlog on the Parts Tracker
(http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/). However, we continue to be dependent
upon a small number of authors and reviewers, which limits the frequency with
which updates can be issued.

Chris Dee (LDraw Parts Library Admin)