 CAD / 17526
Re: I need insight/ideas for my new LDraw editor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2011 16:12:12 GMT

Roland Melkert wrote:

The main problem I'm having is how to handle zero point of parts, as
you can see the part (like most) in the picture has it's zero point
on top. So while placing it (absolutely) it will end up below the
grid plane. I could correct for that by introducing e.g.
relative/absolute placement mode's. But I feel that will complicate
things because when using relative I could imagine people want don't
always wan't it to the bottom, may be you want to place a brick with
it's left side against the grid for some reason. This will cause 6
relative modes, and 1 absolute mode.

I would expect the bottom of parts to stay on the drop plane (flat on it).
Anything else is confusing. I would suggest another help plane for side
alignment.

--
Anders Isaksson